Rates do not include lodging tax and processing fees. Maximum stay is 14 days.
- Tent Site $12
- RV Site, 30A and 50A $18
Donor Rate: Current American Prairie donors receive a 20% discount code on donation receipts. Apply the supporter code when entering your dates in the booking portal. Please note that we cannot refund the 20% after a reservation has been made.
Cancellation Policy: Reservation cancellations are not refundable.
Check-in is 4 p.m. and check-out is 10 a.m.
- Vault Toilets
- Group Pavilions with tables
- Wi-Fi, an emergency phone, and maps are available in the mudroom of the Enrico Science and Education Center, located one mile south of Buffalo Camp.
- Non-Potable water (Please plan to be conservative with water use due to drought)
- Six walk-in sites
- Each site includes a 12×12 tent platform with tie down cleats
- Nine RV sites that include both 30 and 50A power
- RV sites are pull-through and can fit a Class A motorhome plus a vehicle.
- Prairie Dog Town
- Bison Herd
- 1-mile hiking trail
- Fourchette Bay
Buffalo Camp is located on Sun Prairie.
Travel 40 miles north from Lewistown on Highway 191.
Turn left at the intersection (Bohemian Corner) to continue on Highway 191.
After mile marker 109, turn right onto the gravel road.
Bear left at the fork onto Dry Fork Road*.
Travel 26 miles to the intersection and turn left.
After 3.5 miles, bear right at the fork in the road.
Continue 12.7 miles to the next bend in the road and turn right.
Travel 5.6 miles to arrive at Buffalo Camp, following signs along the way.
*Dry Fork Road is not maintained in the winter. If traveling during a snowy season, please consider using Midale or Regina Road.
More details will be provided in your reservation confirmation email. Visit the maps page for more resources and familiarize yourself with the safety considerations prior to your trip.
- Quiet hours are from 10pm – 7am.
- Generator hours are 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. only.
- No shooting is permitted in the campground.
- Please do not hang or clean game from campground infrastructure.
- Pets must be on a leash while in the campground or on the trails and may not be left outside unattended.
- No fireworks.
- Please obey posted fire restrictions.
- Do not approach or feed wildlife and bison.
- Vehicles must stay on designated roads.
- Horses are permitted. Learn more about camping with horses.