IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution

Make a gift tax-free with an IRA

If you are 70 ½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit American Prairie and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as American Prairie without having to pay income taxes on the money.

This tax law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts from your IRA to our organization this year and well into the future.

Next steps:

  1. Contact Samantha Beebout at (406) 595-0947 or for additional information on giving an IRA gift.
  2. Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
  3. Ask your IRA administrator about making a direct transfer to American Prairie or have the administrator send a check directly from your account to us. To be tax free, the donation must go directly from your IRA to American Prairie without passing through you as income:
    Legal Name: American Prairie Foundation
    Address: P.O. Box 908, Bozeman, MT 59771
    Federal Tax ID Number: 81-0541893